Re: early tetrapod

Comments?
any more scientific sources?

This is a paper in tomorrow's Nature that I'll read tomorrow.

was this older or younger than acanthostega?

Older.

what of the comment "I imagine this is an animal that could haul itself over sand banks without any difficulty. Maybe it's poking around in semi-tidal creeks picking up fish that got stranded."

implying terrestrial motion? is it just sensationalism, or supported by the fossil?

Very good question, considering the utter weakness of *Acanthostega*. Most importantly, I'll check if the paper reports whether *Ventastega* had fins or limbs -- something unknown so far. (Yes, most people who define "tetrapod" by the presence of digits and absence of fin rays unhesitatingly call it a tetrapod, but they haven't got a reason for that.)