Re: origin of bats/reply 2 to TMK

So while this tells us that Vel had feathers, it does not tell us it had wings. Unless we use a definition of wing to indicate anything that sticks out with feathers attached to it, which should therefore be true of *Microraptor*'s feet, and the tails of a good variety of fossil taxa like *Caudipteryx*. In which case, they were 3- to 5-winged animals, not 4-winged.

By "wing" I mean "wing feathers" -- remiges. Ostriches have wings...