Re: Shaking up the bird family tree

"And that flighted tinamous evolved from flightless ostriches, says
ornithologist Shannon J. Hackett of Chicago's Field Museum of Natural
History, one of the lead authors, "can change the way people look at
the evolution of flight.""

Wow.

Kind of like how flying bats evolved from flightless bears, right?
Right? Doesn't that just make so much sense?!

I really hope I'm the one misinterpreting something here, because this
is just sad otherwise.

Maybe we should focus on trying to "change the way people write
science articles for laypeople" first.