Re: Shaking up the bird family tree

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 9:48 AM, David Marjanovic
<david.marjanovic@gmx.at> wrote:

> Much more often among rails alone -- 2000 years ago, every small Pacific
> island had its own species of flightless rail, and the big ones had two or
> three, never mind the occasional flightless parrot or duck or ibis or...

Right, see, I knew I was missing some stuff (although I think I
counted 1 for parrots and 1 for anserids).

On another note: is there a single instance in all of _Bilateria_ of a
lineage losing flight and then regaining it? (Tinamous aside for the
moment.)
--
T. Michael Keesey
Director of Technology