AW: SV: Question -- was shaking bird trees

> Probably not. Three diminutive species of flightless
> Acanthisittidae are
> known (Dendroscansor decurvirostris, Pachyplicas yaldwyni,
> Traversia
> lyalli).

There may be 2 spp of _Pachyplicas_, and that and _Traversia_ = _Xenicus_ were
largish (for acanthisittid). I also gave _Xenicus longipes_ which could fly
about as well as a kakapo. _Emberiza alcoveri_ was not a giant bunting, so it
was probably a tiny bit smaller than the large flightless acanthisittids. (It
was probably longer though).

Eike

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail.
Dem pfiffigeren Posteingang.