Re: Archie a non-flyer? (was:Re: origin of bats/reply 2 to TMK)

I've got to leave on a short trip will respond in more detail tonight. In the meantime, one comment inserted below.
JimC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roberto Takata" <rmtakata@gmail.com>
To: "jrc" <jrccea@bellsouth.net>
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: Archie a non-flyer? (was:Re: origin of bats/reply 2 to TMK)

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 2:26 AM, jrc <jrccea@bellsouth.net> wrote:
Pressures *normal* to the airfoil. An air flow that do not flow
horizontally to the airfoil do not create differential pressure by
Bernouilli effect - just its horizontal component.

This statement makes no sense to me as phrased. Could you rephrase it please?

You do not have lift by Bernouilli effect with air flowing perpendicularly to wing surface.

No one ever said youi did. But, flow parallel to the wing surface is only horizontal at one point on the top surface and one point on the lower surface. The flow has to be integrated along the full length of the surfaces of the wing -- which isn't horizontal.
JimC