Charles R Knight Landscape

Seldom seen and rarely  reproduced, Knight's Florida landscapes are some of
his finest work. This  painting now up for auction, "Sunset Glow-Miami Beach"
from 1927 is a jewel.  Knight referenced many of these for his landscapes in
his great murals. In fact,  this one was painted at the time he was begining
the
Field Museum murals.
It reminds me of one of Monet's poplar paintings...but  don't tell him I said
that. Knight was not happy with the impressionists.  DV

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28221&view
item=&item=200200535822

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)