RE: Basilisk

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008, Anthony Docimo wrote:
From: rtravsky@uwyo.edu
On Sun, 2 Mar 2008, Dann Pigdon wrote:
"Jerry D. Harris" wrote:

This is one of the more interesting and bizarre "dino-bird" reconstructions I've ever seen (though I don't think it was intended as such)...! Though I bet that this is what at least a few people would dream up based on horrible misconceptions of how evolution works when they hear that birds evolved from other dinosaurs...

http://wissenschafts-news.blog.de/?tag=basilisk

The fact that I can look at this picture without turning to stone proves its inaccuracy.

No no, has to be a living one. Or at least, looking it into the eyes. Whew

I thought *it* had to look *at* its victims.

Naw, supposed to be in the eyes. Works out the same who looks first ;)