Re: Basilisk

Isn't that a Cockatrice? Did I just give away my dungeons and dragons upbringing?

David
On Mar 2, 2008, at 9:28 PM, Dann Pigdon wrote:

Richard W. Travsky writes:
http://wissenschafts-news.blog.de/?tag=basilisk
The fact that I can look at this picture without turning to stone proves its
inaccuracy.
No no, has to be a living one. Or at least, looking it into the eyes. Whew
I thought *it* had to look *at* its victims.
Naw, supposed to be in the eyes. Works out the same who looks first ;)

What exactly was the evolutionary advantage of a predator turning its prey into stone anyway? Does this prove that basilisks are actually silicon-based life forms? :)
Dann Pigdon
GIS / Archaeologist http://geo_cities.com/dannsdinosaurs
Melbourne, Australia http://heretichides.soffiles.com