Re: Geographic Distribution of Maniraptora

I know of one postulated Gondwanan troodontid, but it turned out to be
something else:

Before *Neuquenraptor* was described, it was known informally as
"Araucanoraptor", and suggested as a possible troodontid.  Here's an old
Mailing List post on it as a troodontid:
http://dml.cmnh.org/1997Dec/msg00203.html

and one confirming that "Araucanoraptor" and *Neuquenraptor* are the same:
http://dml.cmnh.org/2005Feb/msg00569.html

-Justin

-- Lonnie Allen Matson <lonniematson@paleobiologist.org> wrote:
I have looked in the literature, but I saw nothing mentioned as to their being
any evidence of a Gondwanan lineage of Troodontid. If anyone knows differently,
or has any thoughts on this, it would be very useful. Instead of tackling the
geographic distribution of all Maniraptorans, we are starting with one group,
and later, will look at them as a whole.

sincerely,

Lonnie Matson

"Trilobites and dinosaurs, who were each around for more than a hundred million
years, might be amused at a species here only a thousandth as long deciding to
appoint itself the guardian of life on Earth. That species is itself the
danger".

---- Carl Sagan