Re: Has anyone seen the movie 10,000 BC?

This page http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/03/roland_emmerich_the_upscale_uw.php leads to a review and contains comments such as this:

"So from the review...boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back after 1 and a half hours (plus adverts).
So hollywood please do explain why: