RE: QfF

As Quest for Fire was made during the heyday of fossil hominid taxonomic
splitting (back when H. heidelbergensis and H. neandertalensis were "just
archaic Homo sapiens"), I think it is very unlikely that an H.
heidelbergensis identity was intended for the apemen.

I think they were just supposed to be "apemen" ("australopithecines sensu
lato").

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216