From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu] On Behalf
Of Jerry D. Harris
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 1:19 PM
To: DINOSAUR Mailing List
Subject: Oldest _T. rex_?

Berry, K. 2008. Evidence for a Tyrannosaurus rex from southeastern
Colorado.
New Mexico Geology 30(1):12-13.

ABSTRACT: Dinosaur tooth and bone fragments were recovered from private
property at an undisclosed locality in southeastern Colorado. The site
is in
an unnamed, transitional member of the uppermost Pierre Shale and is
likely
within the Baculites eliasi ammonite zone (N. Larson, pers. comm. 2007),
making the site early Maastrichtian. This is the first record of
dinosaur
fossils from these strata.

This journal has now started making PDFs of their back issues available
free
on-line
(http://geoinfo.nmt.edu/publications/periodicals/nmg/back-issues.html),
but
this one isn't up yet...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jerry D. Harris
Director of Paleontology
Dixie State College
Science Building
225 South 700 East
St. George, UT  84770   USA
Phone: (435) 652-7758
Fax: (435) 656-4022
E-mail: jharris@dixie.edu
 and     dinogami@gmail.com
http://cactus.dixie.edu/jharris/

"There's a saying that goes 'people who live in glass houses shouldn't
throw
stones'... OK. How about...NOBODY should throw stones. That's crappy
behavior! My policy is 'no stone-throwing regardless of housing
situation.'
There's an exception, though. If you're TRAPPED in a glass house...and
you
have a stone, then throw it! What are you, an idiot? It's really 'ONLY
people in glass houses should throw stones'... provided they're trapped,
in
a house... with a stone. It's a little longer, but you know..."
                                 --- Demetri Martin