Arthur C. Clarke dies

OK, so not a whole lot to do with dinosaurs; but I did greatly enjoy his books,
as I'm sure many other list members did...

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/books/03/18/obit.clarke/index.html

On a trivial note, Arthur C. Clarke did have a dinosaur named after him:
_Serendipaceratops arthurcclarkei_.  Not only is the species named after him,
but the genus contains a passing reference to Clarke's beloved adopted home:
Serendip (Sarandib) is an old name for Sri Lanka.  (The genus name also more
explicitly references the serendipitous discovery of the fossil, which is
actually from Australia; and its putative identification as a ceratopsian
dinosaur.)

Cheers

Tim