Incedental Gut bacteria intake and diet switching (was RE: Willie Wonka and the New Papers)

I would be interested if anyone has a ref for this topic...interesting. It's
probably in some well known book that's on my list of 'books to read because
I already should have'.

(I would imagine it would be (obviously) even easier for an omnivore to
switch rapidly to more herbivorous diets using this mechanism,
'behaviourally' they'd be more open to 'go with it' and some of the
morphology would be at least partially useful.)

Chris