Re: your first paleon book was: well darn

In a message dated 3/25/2008 12:29:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jdhexen@unr.edu writes:

<< Actually, I would be interested to hear from folks about what  their first
book on paleontology, for children or not, was. >>

Christmas 1954, _All About Dinosaurs_ by RCA from my  grandfather,
followed-up by a trip to the library and _Life Through the Ages_by  Charles R.
Knight.
At the same time a new television show called "Disneyland"  ran the Rite of
Spring sequence from "Fantasia". That was an awfully big dose  for a
five-year-old kid and I loved it.
_All About  Dinosaurs_ was wife Marcia's first dinosaur book, also. DV

Home.