Re: your first paleon book was: well darn

Technically my first dinosaur book was the pamphlet in
the Prehistoric Playset I opened on Christmas Eve at
age six. IN my stocking the next morning was The
little Golden book of dinosaurs. How and Why Wonder
Book and that one drawn by Rod Ruth soon followed. I
have them all. Well, sept the pamphlet.

Andrew Simpson
PHD in Badass

PS. Does anyone know any info on the artist for Little
Golden Book? I've looked on line but there isn't much
there. A bit of a mystery I think.

--- Danvarner@aol.com wrote:

> Daylight Time,
> jdhexen@unr.edu writes:
>
> << Actually, I would be interested to hear from
> folks about what  their first
> book on paleontology, for children or not, was. >>
>
> Christmas 1954, _All About Dinosaurs_ by RCA from my
>  grandfather,
> followed-up by a trip to the library and _Life
> Through the Ages_by  Charles R. Knight.
> At the same time a new television show called
> "Disneyland"  ran the Rite of
> Spring sequence from "Fantasia". That was an awfully
> big dose  for a
> five-year-old kid and I loved it.
> _All About  Dinosaurs_ was wife Marcia's first
> dinosaur book, also. DV
>

> **************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros.
> Watch the video on AOL
> Home.