re: Enormous Egg

Quoting hammeris1@bellsouth.net:

Don't remember ever coming across that one, but I do recall
The Enormous Egg by Oliver Butterworth

 THE ENORMOUS EGG, written in 1956, is the fantastical tale of young
 Nate Twitchell of Freedom, New Hampshire, who, one fine day, discovers
 that one of his chickens has hatched out a baby Triceratops.

A clear case of BAD.

ROFL ! You'd think they'd at least try to make it a theropod, let alone a raptor.

In TSSoCC, one day the stego just wanders up from between two hills to meet kid(s) on a field trip (I think, been a while) - I guess out of some metamorphic rock wormhole.

Yes, I remember The Enormous Egg fondly. Never read TSSoCC.

Does anyone else out there remember this story (I think we read it in school)?

A kid is walking up in the mountains and discovers a whole slew of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals in a kind of suspended animation. He (I think it was a boy) then discovers the alien robot that has been collecting and preserving all these specimens for tens of millions of years and has to run for his life to avoid becoming part of the collection.

I remember thinking the chase sequence was pretty exciting, but mostly I thought about how cool it would have been to find a collection of preserved dinosaurs!

Nicholas J. Pharris
Department of Linguistics
Deutscher Platz 6       phone:    +49 (0) 341 35 50 304
D-04103 Leipzig         fax:      +49 (0) 341 35 50 333
Germany                 e-mail:   nicholas_pharris@eva.mpg.de

"Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    --Edwin H. Land