re: Enormous Egg

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 hammeris1@bellsouth.net wrote:

Don't remember ever coming across that one, but I do recall
The Enormous Egg by Oliver Butterworth

 THE ENORMOUS EGG, written in 1956, is the fantastical tale of young
 Nate Twitchell of Freedom, New Hampshire, who, one fine day, discovers
 that one of his chickens has hatched out a baby Triceratops.

A clear case of BAD.

ROFL ! You'd think they'd at least try to make it a theropod, let alone a raptor.

As I recall, Nate rides on the triceratops, sitting behind the frill.

This is an illustration from the book

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/1783/TheEnormousEgg.gif

from

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/1783/Dinos.htm