Re: trying to indentify... RE: your first paleo book was:

In a message dated 3/27/2008 6:02:09 PM Eastern  Daylight Time,
rtravsky@uwyo.edu writes:
<< However, this has all  dredged up a memory of a book that I think was my
first dino book and that I  can't indentify.

Glossy hard cover, not 8 1/2 by 11, but smaller, and had  several slices of
Zallinger's "Age of Reptiles" and AIR, Bonestell's  "Earth's Birth". I
can visuallize bits quite clearly, just not the darn  title.

Ring a bell with anyone? >>
Sounds  like _Prehistoric Animals, Dinosaurs and Other Reptiles and Mammals_,
by Jane  Werner Watson, Simon and Schuster,1958. The book had excerpts from
_The World We  Live In_. The cover featured the Permian portion of Zallinger's
mural cartoon.  It's cheap at Amazon. DV

Home.