Hold the phones, we have a winner! Re: trying to indentify...

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 Danvarner@AOL.COM wrote:
rtravsky@uwyo.edu writes:
<< However, this has all  dredged up a memory of a book that I think was my
first dino book and that I  can't indentify.

Glossy hard cover, not 8 1/2 by 11, but smaller, and had  several slices of
Zallinger's "Age of Reptiles" and AIR, Bonestell's  "Earth's Birth". I
can visuallize bits quite clearly, just not the darn  title.

Ring a bell with anyone? >>
Sounds  like _Prehistoric Animals, Dinosaurs and Other Reptiles and Mammals_,
by Jane  Werner Watson, Simon and Schuster,1958. The book had excerpts from

Lincoln Barnett too.

_The World We  Live In_. The cover featured the Permian portion of Zallinger's
mural cartoon.  It's cheap at Amazon. DV

Almost mentioned the Permian scene, as I specifically recalled the dimetrodon and sphenacodon (and a bit of an edaphosaurus on the edge).

For those who might be wondering (and who might there by also remember
the book)

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/f7/a3/899e729fd7a0217bfdb3f010.L.jpg

and

http://i20.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/a0/b6/1864_1.JPG