For the artists: Joseph M. Gleeson

Joseph M. Gleeson is a rather mysterious figure in paleo  art. He appears in
print for a few years around the turn of the last century. He  drew this
familiar figure of Hesperornis for the  Smithsonian:

http://www.oceansofkansas.com/Hesperornis/HESPER5.jpg

and  collaborated with Charles R. Knight on this  one:

http://www.lindahall.org/events_exhib/exhibit/exhibits/dino/images/gle1h.jpg

I found this website earlier this week that shows his other work as
illustrator  for Kipling's Jungle Book stories:

http://goldenagecomicbookstories.blogspot.com/2008/03/in-packing-my-collection
-for-coming.html

He also illustrated the Just-So-Stories. Thought some of you might be
interested. He was a wonderful animal artist. Wish I knew more about him.  DV

Home.