Re: Aetogate: formal rejection of DCA inquiry

I am curious why Ken Carpenter would imply there is something unseemly about a colleague, regardless of where they live and work, who expresses a concern about our international discipline. What is Ken's motivation? Presumably I will get a reply.

Dan

Ken.Carpenter@dmns.org wrote:
I am curious to know why Mike Taylor, who lives in England and goes to
school there, is getting himself so personally involved in this business
with Lucas, who lives and works here in the States. I have asked Mike
before but have gotten no reply. What is Mike's motive?

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.
Curator of Lower Vertebrate Paleontology & Chief Preparator
Department of Earth Sciences
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
2001 Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80205 USA

Office phone: 303-370-6392
Museum fax: 303-331-6492
For PDFs of some of my publications, as well as information of the Cedar
Mountain Project:
(if you have problems with the link, cut and paste it into the browser
address bar)
The scientific method is a myth:
http://www.dharma-haven.org/science/myth-of-scientific-method.htm

-----Original Message----- From: owner-VRTPALEO@usc.edu [mailto:owner-VRTPALEO@usc.edu] On Behalf Of Mike Taylor Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 9:20 AM To: VRTPALEO@usc.edu; dinosaur@usc.edu Subject: Aetogate: formal rejection of DCA inquiry

With apologies to those of you who are so bored of this that you just
want us to shut up -- and with some hope that isn't all of you -- I'd
like to draw your attention to the formal letter that Bill, Jeff, Matt
and I have just sent to the New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs
rejecting their findings of their recent Aetogate inquiry:
        http://www.miketaylor.org.uk/dino/nm/DCA-inquiry-response.pdf

Along with this, we sent a detailed technical rebuttal:
        http://www.miketaylor.org.uk/dino/nm/Lucas-full-rebuttal.pdf
although this will not contain much that is new to those who have been
following this.

For those of you who, like us, still think this is important enough to
be worth pursuing, we invite you to consider what action might be
taken could lead to the state convening an actual inquiry -- you know,
with indendent experts and objectivity and all that kind of thing.  As
always, making progress against a large bureaucracy is an uphill
struggle, and we greatly appreciate the efforts of those of you who
have contributed.

 _/|_
/o ) \/  Mike Taylor    <mike@indexdata.com>
http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "I wonder just when our thirst for the Premiership got so
         unquenchable that we'd even consider employing the likes of
         Mr. Bowyer" -- Tony Henshall.