Re: ASVAP

The key phrase here, of course, is "when they choose to strike". Most animals of Velociraptor's size aren't usually considered serious threats to humans, as they tend to avoid people rather than attack them. Of course, if one is dumb enough to try and pick it up or something, bad things would happen, but I don't see why velociraptors would attack humans on sight any more than modern carnivore of their size would.

As for the idea that several velociraptors attacking at once, there really isn't much evidence for pack hunting in Velociraptor that I can see. While the idea is plausible for Deinonychus, trying to infer one animal's social behavior from that of a relative that lived 20 million years earlier on another continent strikes me as problematic.