Re: (was Re: ASVAP)

--- David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at> wrote:

> > I've met enough chihuhua-sized dogs
> > that were ready to try & take a nip out of me,
> > unprovoked

> Yeah. Sometimes I think they all honestly believe
> they are the size of an
> average wolf.

Human protectors inhibit intra-specific selection for
submissiveness, and the tendency to bite people w/out
provocation (or explicit orders) is bred out of larger
dogs, for obvious reasons. W/ a tiny dog, why bother?

The same holds true to a lesser extent for most modern
carnivores relative to attacking humans; especially
since the firearm was perfected.

BTW -- I would love to see a list of modern
(terrestrial) carnivores w/ serrated teeth... Komodo
Dragons, IIRC. Any others?

Don