RE: it's back!

Quoting "Thomas R. Holtz, Jr." <tholtz@umd.edu>:

From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]
On Behalf Of David Marjanovic

So it got published without any further peer-review...? I'll
have to read the paper, but so far it looks like none of the
comments made on this list were taken into account.

Here's the story: it was NEVER EVER EVER offered up for comments. The authors had accidentally sent their final revisions to the Nature Precedings site rather than to the main page. What we saw there turned out to be the post-review version of the manuscript.

More's the pity, since they misspelled the name. The Greek word for 'display' is *epideixis*, not *epidexis*.

Nick Pharris