Re: Epidexipteryx

What about...

Liu, Y., Liu, Y., and Zhang, H. (2006). "LA-ICPMS zircon U-Pb dating
in the Jurassic Daohugou Beds and correlative strata in Ningcheng of
Inner Mongolia." Acta Geologica Sinica (English Edition), 80(5):
733-742.

...which found a mid-Late Jurassic age?

That's one I haven't read, because the English edition (unlike the Chinese one, which is an entirely different journal!) is utterly inaccessible. Are you sure it dates the Daohugou Bed, as opposed to dating the Tiaojishan Fm and simply assuming the Daohugou Bed underlies it (the way it was done before the paper I cited)? And if so, are you sure the zircon grains aren't reworked from the conveniently volcanic Tiaojishan Fm?