Re: Pteroid Ptrouble

David Peters wrote:

Hopefully he's not still 'bent' on that anteriorly-oriented pteroid configuration idea, even if it was attached at the proximal syncarpal. Just say it ain't so...

Dave U. still proposes that the pteroid could move into an anterior-facing position during landing, launch, and other high-CL maneuvers. I still doubt this for a few reasons, not the least being that I suspect catastrophic buckling would occur species if the pteroid were placed in that position, for many species. This is hypothesis is quite testable, of course, and Dave U. and I talked about gathering the required data at the meeting. Should be pretty easy, actually.

It was great to see many of you at SVP. Safe adventures to all, and I look forward to seeing everyone in Bristol.

Cheers,

--Mike