RE: Campbell's even crazier than a MANIAC? (archeopteryx climbing)

Jonas Weselake-George wrote:

> It should still be able to use the wing claws as hooks (either on bark or
> branches).

Yes, that's essentially what Campbell argues: that the claws of _Archaeopteryx_
were used as "grappling hooks".

> For the last approach one would think that wing assisted incline running (a
> la Dial & Bundel) would be very useful. It would seem some mosaic synthesis
> of the two competing views looks more inevitable every day.

Yes, I agree with you here.  The old "trees-down" versus "ground-up" argument
is counterproductive.  It's a shame that some papers (including some very
recent ones) still cling to this artificial dichotomy.

Cheers

Tim
Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Windows®.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588800/direct/01/