RE: Is this really an Allosaurus?

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. writes:
> [...]

Indeed it does -- and very nice it is, too.

Unfortunately, due the dinosaur gallery's unbearably awful design,
it's mounted twelve feet off the ground, impossible to see from any
angle other than left lateral, and soo poorly lit it's pretty much not
possible to see with the human eye or take a half-decent photograph
of.  See these examples:
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliadmon/502495117/
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/benbawden/802987477/
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/kealyj/2538238647/

One day, we're going to find out who designed that abomination of a
gallery.  Then we're going to track him down.  Then we're going to
[removed at suggestion of lawyer].

)_v__/\  "I hope you don't feel silly for making such an amazing mistake"
         -- Darren Naish.