RE: Is this really an Allosaurus?

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Mike Taylor wrote:
[...]

Unfortunately, due the dinosaur gallery's unbearably awful design, it's mounted twelve feet off the ground, impossible to see from any angle other than left lateral, and soo poorly lit it's pretty much not possible to see with the human eye or take a half-decent photograph of. See these examples: http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliadmon/502495117/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/benbawden/802987477/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/kealyj/2538238647/

One day, we're going to find out who designed that abomination of a
gallery.  Then we're going to track him down.  Then we're going to
[removed at suggestion of lawyer].

The shadows are VERY cool. Maybe that was one of the considerations?