How long is a giraffe's neck?

Does anyone know of a reference for how long giraffe necks get?  I'm
finding it astonishingly difficult to dig one up: the giraffe
references that I am familiar with (Simmons and Scheepers 1996, Pedley
et al. 1996, Solounias 1999, Mitchell et al. 2006, Cameron and du Toit
2007, Guinness Book of Animal Facts and Feats, etc.) all either don't
give numbers at all, or discuss total height or height of head above
heart -- which is not quite the same thing.

Thanks,

)_v__/\  "You're not explaining it, you're just saying it" -- Harvey
         Thompson.