RE: The New Papers That Preys

David Marjanovic wrote-

>> Candeiro, C.R.A., and Tanke, D.H. 2008. A pathological Late Cretaceous
>> carcharodontosaurid tooth from Minars Gerais, Brazil. Bulletin of
>> Geosciences 83(3).
>>
>> ABSTRACT: A theropod (Carcharodontosauridae) tooth exhibiting a split
>> carina
>> is the first recorded from upper Maastrichtian Marília Formation (Serra da
>> Galga Member), Minas Gerais State, Brazil. The distal split carina has a
>> distinct Y-shape. Split carinae have been reported elsewhere in Laurasian
>> theropods (tyrannosaurids and allosaurids).
>
> So we now have a definite record of a carcharodontosaurid from the
> Maastrichtian? Upper Maastrichtian even?

Another paper about those finds-

undescribed Carcharodontosauridae (Candeiro, Martinelli, Avilla and Rich, 2006)
Late Maastrichtian, Late Cretaceous
Marilia Formation of the Bauru Group, Brazil
Material- (CPP 124, 127, 129a, 152, 156, 197, 199, 200, 208, 216, 241, 375/1,
376, 447-449, 474, 475) eighteen teeth
Reference- Candeiro, Martinelli, Avilla and Rich, 2006. Tetrapods from the
Upper Cretaceous (Turonian-Maastrichtian) Bauru Group of Brazil: a reappraisal.
Cretaceous Research.

Also possibly...

undescribed carcharodontosaurid (Martinelli and Forasiepi, 2004)
Campanian-Maastrichtian, Late Cretaceous
Allen Formation, Rio Negro, Argentina
Material- (MACN-PV RN 1086) tooth
Reference- Martinelli and Forasiepi, 2004. Late Cretaceous vertebrates from
Bajo de Santa Rosa (Allen Formation), Río Negro province, Argentina, with the
description of a new sauropod dinosaur (Titanosauridae). Revista del Museo
Argentino de Ciencias Naturales, nuevo serie 6(2):257-305.

undescribed carcharodontosaurid (Martinelli and Forasiepi, 2004)
Campanian-Maastrichtian, Late Cretaceous
Allen Formation, Rio Negro, Argentina
Material- (MACN-PV RN 1086) tooth
Reference- Martinelli and Forasiepi, 2004. Late Cretaceous vertebrates from
Bajo de Santa Rosa (Allen Formation), Río Negro province, Argentina, with the
description of a new sauropod dinosaur (Titanosauridae). Revista del Museo
Argentino de Ciencias Naturales, nuevo serie 6(2):257-305.

Mickey Mortimer
The Theropod Database- http://home.comcast.net/~eoraptor/Home.html