RE: Campbell's even crazier than a MANIAC? (archeopteryx climbing)

Well, while I am unconvinced archie dwelt in trees, its worth noting that goats
climb trees quite well, but their morphology (particularly having hooves) does
not immediately suggest this, and parhaps the focus on the foot is over rated.

I wouldn't say they couldn't have regularly went in trees. I still think its
more likely any flying they did was along a coastal bluff with a seabreeze, and
its still possible they used their forlimbs for something other than wings.

Goats in trees:

http://webecoist.com/2008/08/19/the-incredible-tree-climbing-goats-of-morocco/

http://www.smm.org/buzz/sites/all/files/images/334553541_b4a10f9097_b.thumbnail.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwhBYKLFZAU