Re: Two legs good, four legs better?

Eric Boehm wrote:
Generically, I would think a quadrupedal predator would be able to grow
larger than a Biped, and given the limbs of a T-rex, its obvious freeing the
forelimbs was not a major factor in the effectiveness of a biped predator.

-----> So, what are the latest mass estimates for a large Phobosuchus (or
other really big Mesozoic croc) and how do they compare to those for
top-of-the-line theropods?  I know, crocs cheat by being amphibious, but
even so the Mesozoic macro-herbivore had quadrupedal carnivores to worry
about!

Allen Hazen
Philosophy
University of Melbourne