Now I read that what I expressed is far from new.

Carpenter (2000, p. 138) said:

"The fighting pair provides the best evidence for the function of the
sickle claw ... not the same as that suggested by OSTROM, (1969) ...
that Deinonychus "caught and held its prey in its fore hands and
disemboweled it with the large pedal talon" ... However, in the
Velociraptor, the sickle claw is extended in the vicinity of the
throat (Fig. 1A). This evidence suggests that the claw was not used to
disembowel the prey, but that it may have been used to pierce the
jugular vein, carotid artery, or trachea. These are areas that many
extant mammalian carnivores attack in prey."

I was not specifically talking about throat-stabbing, but stabbing in
general. But Carpenter's proposal fits better the available evidence.
He also considers the Tenontosaurus-Deinonychus assemblages not
necessarily indicating predation.

Reference:

Carpenter, 2000. Evidence of predatory behavior by carnivorous
dinosaurs. GAIA 15: 135-144.