RE: Campbell's even crazier than a MANIAC? (archeopteryx climbing)

Tim Williams wrote:
> None that I can see. So that's zero cursorial vertebrates currently "moving
> in the direction of powered flight"? Thats' the same number (zero) as
> arboreal gliders currently "moving in the direction of powered flight"? So
> it's a level playing field.

I don't think it's too level, since there are plenty of flightless highly
cursorial birds that have almost completely lost their wings and completly lost
their flight feathers. This seems to indicate to me that wings don't help much
when it comes to running. If anything, modern cursorial animals seem to be
going away from flight, while arboreal animals are going towards it.