Re:

Without a reversed hallux, I'm not sure that it could grip it by the
husk. And *how* it grips it should be more important than *where* it
grips it, which, as we know, is totally irrelevant.

To say nothing of the fact that palms wouldn't appear until tens of
millions of years later, making migratory habits less of an issue than
time-travel capabilities. ; P