Re: Citing combinations with subgenera

An even better example of the problem would be Pteranodon (Longicepia)
longiceps, let's just forget that (Longicepia) is invalid for the moment.
Pteranodon longiceps is cited as Marsh, 1876, for both genus and species, but
(Longicepia) is from Miller, 1972. Or Pteranodon (Longicepia) ingens, Marsh
named the species in 1872, the combination Pteranodon ingens was first
established by Marsh in 1876, and Olshevsky first added in (Longicepia) in
1978. That last example probably illustrates the issue best, the genus-species
combination is the same as an earlier one, but there is now a subgenus thrown
in.

Also, what about citing uses of already-named genera as subgenera or vice
versa, like Nyctosaurus Marsh, 1876 which is used as a subgenus in Miller,
1972. Should I cite that as (Nyctosaurus) Marsh, 1876 sensu Miller, 1972 (as a
subgenus)?