----- Original Message ----- From: "don ohmes" <d_ohmes@yahoo.com>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 9:14 AM
Subject: Re: Campbell's even crazier than a MANIAC? (archeopteryx climbing)

To change the subject slightly -- Do you think that soaring could precede flapping as in Boehm's post?

I think that it could. That doesn't imply that I think that it did. Since I think most early flight was initiated with leaps from various substrates just as it is today, that implies that I think that inherent flapping was around from the get-go.
JimC