--- On Mon, 9/29/08, evelyn sobielski <koreke77@yahoo.de> wrote:

> ... the spread-winged often spread-tailed
> oblique descent to a perch, where keeping the wings flush
> would cause you to come in at a too high speed and too steep
> angle (-> having to brake wastefully early and hardly, or
> risk severe injury).

The giant ptero's must have had some kind of braking maneuver in their
repertoire, and it must have been quite dramatic to watch; one thing I haven't
seen is estimations of how big a 'landing strip' they needed...

Hmmm, I guess the watchers were probably unaware of the drama, come to think of
it.

Don