RE: weird jurassic dinobird with very weird feathers

Adam Crowl wrote:

> I'm not a DinoDoc but to my untrained eyes those ribbon feathers look a lot
> like the ribbon "feathers" on Alan Feduccia's poster-child, "Longisquama".
> Freaky.

Even freakier... the non-ribbon feathers are also described as membranous (or
partly so):

"However, the free distal barbs of _Epidexipteryx_ arise from the edge of a
membranous structure (Figs. 2b, 2c, 2d, 2d’), an arrangement that has never
previously been reported."

I guess we'll hear more about this in the future!

Cheers

Tim