Re: AW: Heterodontosaurid with protofeathers

What about ophiacodonts  - they had dermal belley scales at least right?

Were these homologous to the scales on a fish? such as a Queensland lungfish?

Is there any evidence that can give us an insight into when tetrapods lost
their "fish scales"?

Might it have happened independently in saurodsids and synapsids?

I once had a leopard gecko - the skin under its throat was really soft, and
whatever scales it had must have been really small- it didn't look obviously
scaly/bumpy like its back - how certain is it that these skin impressions show
naked skin, as opposed to skin with really really small and thin/flexible
scales?

Since scales and fur are both subdermal - I can't help but think they may be
homologous.