Another new sauropod from Cretaceous China

I ran across this while browsing on the internet.  I do not believe it has been
mentioned on list, so I thought I would introduce Ruyangosaurus giganteus.

Lu J, Xu L, Jia S, Zhang X, Zhang J, Yang L, You H, Ji Q. 2009. A new gigantic
sauropod dinosaur from the Cretaceous of Ruyang, Henan, China. Geological
Bulletin of China 28(1).

Abstract:

The new gigantic sauropod dinosaur Ruyangosaurus giganteus gen. et sp. nov.
from the early Late Cretaceous Mangchuan Formation of Ruyang, Henan, China is
described.  It is characterized by a lower neural spine, lack of
centroprezygoapophyseal lamina, a large, irregularly triangular deep fossa on
the lateral surface of the neural arch, the prezygodiapophyseal lamina oriented
anteroposteriorly, and a robust tibia, some 127 cm in length.  The discovery of
Ruyangosaurus indicates that a higher diversity of sauropod dinosaurs occurred
during the early Late Cretaceous than previously thought.

I cannot access the paper due to subscription requirements, but it is available
at this URL: http://www.cqvip.com/qk/95894a/2009001/29231349.html.

Adam Pritchard
acp002@mcdaniel.edu