To: "DML" <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: Dinosaurs Phylogenetic Tree for Matlab.

Yes, "-genetic" just means that some sort of "genesis" (origin) is involved; that's the common origin of all those words.

Phylogenetics can be done with DNA or protein sequences as well as with morphological data (the shape of living beings). Here's a short introduction into how to do that:
http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/education/explorations/tours/Trex/index.html

Really, Dora, tell us less and ask more. You'll learn about the same amount from us professionals, and drive fewer heads into desks or walls.