Re: Dinosaurs Phylogenetic Tree for Matlab.

You do realize you don't need to have DNA to do genetic studies, right?

Mendel didn't have any idea what DNA was, but he did see a pattern of
inheritance of traits he was studying.

A college lab student studying biology is likely to take a genetics lab and do
genetics by crossing drosophila flies, without sequencing any DNA...

So by studying heritable traits observable in fossils, one can start to
determine phylogenetic relationships among them.

Or do you dispute that we can assume Humans and Australopithecus share a common
ancestor more recent than with chimps, because we don't have DNA from an
Australopithecus?