Re: Dinosaurs Phylogenetic Tree for Matlab.

----- Original Message ----

From: Dora Smith <villandra@austin.rr.com>

>My bad.  Just because not only does the word contain the word "genetics", but
>all phylogenetic studies of both birds and humans are actual studies of
>genetic
relationships,

Why Dora, I do believe you are not aware of the study by Livezey & Zusi, a 2007
phylogeny for birds that uses only morphological characters:

http://dml.cmnh.org/2007Jan/msg00216.html

Imagine that! Something you did not know or have an opinion about!

> I should think that phylogenetic studies of dinosaurs would be studies of
> dinosaur genetics.

Yes, words can be confusing can't they!

>But maybe I'm the only one of the three of us who could have read phylogenetic
>studies of birds and humans.

And yet, reading and understanding are such different things.

As ever, thanks for your comments! So helpful and learned.

Best,

D.

Yours,
Dora Smith