Re: Theropod forelimbs

Quoting David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at>:

> >> I was under the impression that theropods
> >> could not orientate their forelimbs in this manner.
>
> Theropods, and *Plateosaurus*, and even *Camptosaurus aphanocoetes*, the
> description of which I happened to read recently. Looks like *Camptosaurus*
> was about as quadrupedal as a kangaroo...

*Less* quadrupedal than a 'roo. Kangaroos spend a lot of time moving slowly
using a pentapedal
gait (the tail being the fifth 'limb'). They have no trouble orienting their
mani palm-down. The
classic (and incorrect) curled theropod manus was probably based on the
orientation seen in 'roos.

Dann Pigdon