Re: Did dinosaur wings evolve for breeding display?

----- Original Message ----- From: ProtoArt
To: David Marjanovic ; Guy Leahy
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:36 AM

Evolution is not competition within the species. I don't think I've ever heard this before.

Erm...

That means you've never before heard of the entire science of evolutionary biology.

I have to go very soon; I'll write a detailed, less brusque answer today evening (and apologize that I haven't had time to write any more offlist messages to you). Just let me mention that the argument from ignorance is a logical fallacy. I suggest you spend the next few hours in Wikipedia and the sites it links to; yes, hours, I'm serious.