Re: OT cats & hummingbirds, dinosaur books

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, Dann Pigdon wrote:
[...]

Birds such as starlings certainly can penetrate each other's brains during fights, but using their foot claws rather than their beaks, and usually via each other's eye sockets. I suspect starling brain cases are also a lot thinner than that of a cat. It's not unusual to find a pair of dead starlings locked together, each having penetrated the other's brain.

Holy cow. I went to google images and searched on starlings fight

And there's some interesting (and gross) accounts and pictures. Wouldn't
have thought this...